Pay Later, with Cheque
You will need to deliver a cheque for to BQYC Youth Race Team & High Performance Training.
BQYC Youth Race Team & High Performance Training's cheque payment policy may be found in their terms and conditions below:
Program Policies and Liability Waiver
As a condition of and in consideration for the Racer (Student) being considered for acceptance in the Bay of Quinte Yacht Club Youth Race Team (YRT) –
Sail Training & Clinic, the undersigned hereby understands, covenants, and agrees as follows:
i. As the sport of sailing is subject to weather conditions it is understood and accepted that there is no guarantee of the amount of time spent with onwater
sailing instruction. The YRT may train in various weather conditions, and appropriate clothing must be worn at all times.
ii. The Student shall have and wear an approved Canadian Coast Guard or Transport Canada personal flotation device (PFD) at all times while in a boat
or on a dock; shall abide by all safety rules and the rules of conduct and policies of the Sailing School which may be set from time to time by the Sail
Training instruction staff and directors. The Sail Training program manager shall have the right to terminate the student’s enrolment in the program,
without refund, should the Student fail to comply.
iii. The Student may be photographed while taking part in Sail Training & Regatta activities. These photographs may be used for instructional or promotional
purposes. No further approval will be obtained. There will be no monetary compensation for such use.
iv. The sport of sailing has risks and the student participates in the Sail Training at their own risk. The Bay of Quinte Yacht Club, its directors, officers,
members, employees, agents, instructional staff, and volunteers (the “BQYC”) shall not be held responsible in the event of accident or injury or for any
damage to person or property. Furthermore, the undersigned shall save harmless and indemnify the BQYC from and against all claims, actions, cost,
expenses and demands brought upon the BQYC in respect to death, injury, loss or damage to person or property howsoever caused, arising from or
in connection with taking part in Sail Training notwithstanding that the same may have been contributed to or caused by the negligence of BQYC. This
release shall be binding on the Student, the undersigned and their heirs, executors and assigns.
Expectations of Student / Sailor / Racer
• Enjoy yourself. Sail for fun and the love of the sport.
• Work hard to improve your skills.
• Listen, ask questions, and watch others to see how you can better your skills.
• Learn teamwork, sportsmanship, discipline, confidence and self-control.
• Learn the rules, and play by them.
• Set a positive example for others, particularly younger sailors.
We expect you to:
• Respect your instructor/coach and your fellow participants.
• Take care of the sailing school equipment and the school grounds
• Always share the work of rigging/de-rigging the boats and cleaning up at the end of the day
• Be on time for sessions.
• Be ready to sail with your approved PFD, protective clothing, suntan lotion and protective footwear.
• Use good language – the use of profanity, obscene language, or obscene gestures is not permitted.
• NEVER participate in any fighting or bullying. REPORT any fighting or bullying to your instructor, head coach or program manager.
Expectations of Parents and Guardians - Following these guidelines promotes respect and trust within the program and its staff.
• Ensure you child is on time and equipped with approved PFD, protective clothing, suntan lotion and protective footwear.
• Encourage your child to actively participate, ask questions, and have fun.
• Work with the instructor/coaches and sailing school manager to help improve the program and experience of your child.
• Be respectful and constructive.
• Familiarize yourself with the program information and requirements.
• We always welcome feedback from you. We ask that if you have any complaints that you follow this chain of command:
• Address your concerns with your child’s instructor/coach. If you are not satisfied that the issue has been addressed then,
o Address your concerns to the Head Instructor. If you are still not satisfied that the issue has been addressed then,
o Address your concerns to the Sailing School Manager
Mandatory Safety Requirements
1. CCG or Transport Canada approved life jacket or PFD must be worn at all time when on or near the water. There will be no exceptions.
2. Sailors must wear clothing appropriate for weather condition and have a change of clothing.
3. Footwear must be worn at all times. Sandals are not permitted while sailing or launching boats.
4. Waterproof sunscreen is required (SPF 15 or greater).
5. UV sunglasses and hats or visors are recommended.
6. Sailors must be able to swim 25 meters, wearing sailing clothing & equipment.
7. Wet suits are permitted but not in lieu of PFDs.
8. All sailors must respect the BQYC Sailing School rules.
By signing below, we acknowledge having read and understand the above expectations, and have explained these expectations
to the student if under 18 years of age.